What's in a name?
OccupyEPA grew out of the 2011 Occupy Movement that saw citizens organize to confront and change the status quo of 1% of the population controlling the other 99%. That same structural bias informs the Federal government and has harmed, injured and even killed Federal workers. We also rely on Government Accounting Office (GAO) reports, Merit System Protection Board (MSPB), Congressional Research Service (CRS), Equal Employment Occupation (EEO) complaint/Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) and other data, as well as reports and findings prepared by NGOs and other sources.
We provide a clearing house of information for EPA and other Federal employees who are concerned about, have been affected by and are engaged in removing waste, fraud and abuse from the Federal workplace. We encourage visitors to this site to search the articles, statistics and data we have posted. We also encourage feedback so we may improve our site and service.
For those Federal workers who are considering blowing the whistle on waste, fraud and abuse: we understand the difficult position you are in. We know what happens to whistleblower's in this country, particularly under the Obama administration. It's a hard call. Whistleblowing should only be undertaken after a sober assessment of the high price involved—personally, professionally and at the expense of your friends and family.
If you are considering blowing the whistle, we may be able to put you in touch with competent, secure, confidential resources to aid you in your deliberations before you venture out on that perilous limb by yourself. At the very least, we hope the articles and links this site provides can help you with whatever your informed decision ultimately becomes.